Monday, March 11, 2013

Welcome to our Wacky World!

This week I commented on articles of a different nature :)

The first was on an article about the F-35 JSF (joint strike fighter), on of my favorite fighter jets.  I love airplanes!

Here is the Article:
F-35’s ability to evade budget cuts illustrates challenge of paring defense spending

Here is the comment!


The F-35 is an air superiority fighter.  This is the number 1 military aircraft out there.  I think that this is worth the money spent, as long as it stays in the defense budget.  We do spend a ton of money on defense, but that is what makes our military the most technologically advanced and superior military in the world.  The government definitely spends WAY too much, but I think our defense budget is well worth the money.  This aircraft was designed as a result of the competition between Boeing and Lockheed Martin.  This aircraft was far superior to the Boeing X-2 (granted, it is more expensive) and is our nation's newest fighter.  I think we definitely need to cut budgets, but I hope the defense budget is one of the last to go!

Here is a picture of the F35 Lightning II JSF!!!

Here is my second comment:

2 U.S. Troops and 5 Afghans killed in "insider attack"

My comments:

I don't care what war it involves or who decided to go to war. When one of our soldiers dies, it is a cause for sadness and respect to the fallen. Sure, many of our troops do bad things and some are very immoral men. However, I have a deep respect for the American military and the veterans. For every man that participates in these horrible war crimes, we have at least 100+ soldiers that are good, brave, and honest people. The soldiers that die did not start the war. I think it is ridiculous and disrespectful to bash on these soldiers because of the circumstances in which they died. Stop criticizing and have some respect for those men who were willing to die so you can live in a free country. If you aren't willing to give that sacrifice, don't criticize the extremely brave men and women that are!  

I do believe that some of the American soldiers did things that were wrong, but I don't think it is ok to judge the two men that died. We do not know them or what they have done. Only God does. We must have respect for their giving the last full measure of devotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment