Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blog Review

     I love learning about cars.  I researched on Google for blogs about cars, and I found a few.  One of my favorites was theblogaboutcars.com.  It is a blog that covers pretty much everything ever about cars.  An interesting thing about this blog is that it is a British blog.  I thought it was interesting to see a blog type from another country.  They cover everything from car maintenance to the number one most loved cars by guys and girls!  They also talked a lot about safety.  Every car that comes out is given a safety rating, and the website highlights a lot of them.  One of the posts talked about the dangers of driving at high speeds.  They had a video of slinging a  Ford Focus at a concrete wall at 120 miles per hour (http://theblogaboutcars.com/cars/crushing-news-just-how-dangerous-is-high-speed-driving/).  It was crazy!  The car was totally obliterated!  The car went from 120 to 0 mph in only .068s (68 milliseconds)!  That means that the people experience a force of up to 400 times the force of gravity (Sorry, I like physics)! Ouch! Moral of the story: don't drive fast for fun! 




     Another thing I am interested in that involves a TON of blog websites is guns and gun control.  I think our country needs to maintain the right and freedom to bear arms (I would be happy to have a friendly debate with anybody that disagrees with me).  Our nation is free, and I believe that the right to bear arms is an important part of that.  I found two blogs that focus on guns and gun control:  www.thefirearmblog.com and www.waronguns.blogspot.com.  These blogs talk all about our rights as American citizens to keep and bear arms, and about proper safety precautions to prevent dangerous accidents.  Guns are very dangerous.  I have grown up learning about them, and I realize that they can be used for good as well as for evil.  I believe that gun control is wrong, but I also believe that there should be requirements to legally own a gun (such as a mental health test and background check).  These blogs agree with me :). Call it weird, but I am very interested to see what happens in our nation over the next little while concerning guns.



     And now for one of my top two favorite hobbies: fishing (I know I'm weird, but hey!).  I love both bait fishing and fly fishing, and I tie my own flies.  It is pretty easy to find blogs about this, but I wanted something a little more specific to me.  So, I searched for Utah fishing blogs.  The one I found I really like!  Here it is: http://utahwaterlog.blogspot.com/. It is just a guy that loves fishing blogging about all his fun trips (he goes way more than me!!).  He has great pictures of all the fish he has caught, as well as some fun little interactive stuff (scroll to the bottom of the blog page and you will find an amusing "feed the fish" game).  He talks about his connection  with nature, and his love for the animals in our world and the great beauty of our earth.  I think I feel much like he does about fishing.





4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I looked on the car blog and I agree that it is pretty cool!
    I would love to have that debate with you about gun control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ya, that is you. Cars, Guns, and Fishing. 3 words of caution: don't get in a car crash, don't get shot, and don't get swallowed by a whale :P haha Those all sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every one of these blogs are totally blogs you would be interested in. Each topic reflects what your hobbies are and what you find fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Michael. I know this is weird, but it would look cool to shoot fish with flies fired from a rifle while driving a Ford Focus. Just for kicks and giggles. I love to go to shooting ranges by the way.

    ReplyDelete